How do I submit a business plan for consideration by the sFund™?
Please submit your investor presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. In it, please include the following five sections:
• Market Overview: What’s the unsolved market need? Who’s the customer? How big is the market? How fast is it growing? Who are your competitors?
• Team: Who’s on your team? What experience do your team members have in this market?
• Technology Overview: How is your technology unique or differentiated?
• Product Description: What is your product? How does it solve the market need?
• Business Model Overview: How do you plan to make money?
We’ll review your initial submission and request additional information, a followup phone call or a meeting if your plan is a fit with our investment initiatives. To receive a faster and more direct response, please identify an entrepreneur, CEO or executive in your network who has worked with KPCB and get a referral directly into our partnership.
Will KPCB sign a non-disclosure agreement or a confidentiality agreement before I submit my business plan?
Given the quantity of business plans that we receive, we don’t sign NDAs, but protecting entrepreneurs’ ideas is at the heart of our business. Please feel free to forward a non-confidential investor presentation and we’ll get back to you on next steps.
Does the sFund invest outside the United States?
Yes. We believe innovation in this market will occur globally, and we evaluate business plans from around the world.
Can I invest in the sFund?
No. The sFund is an initiative by KPCB venture capital funds, which are closed and don’t accept new investors. With the sFund, we’re looking for investment opportunities, not investors.